Terms & Conditions
When signing up to do a course with The TV Training Academy, you acknowledge than on booking we do all that we deem necessary to plan for your participation on the course. This may include acquiring additional equipment, arranging tutors, assistants, guests, studio / room hire and travel and accommodation arrangements where applicable. Accordingly, you agree that the cancellation policies included in these terms and conditions are both fair and reasonable.
Terms & Conditions:
- The TV Training Academy Ltd trading as the “TV Training Academy” reserves the right to change these Terms and Conditions at any time by posting changes online, an announcement of changes will be posted on our main page.
Cancelation Policy & Payments:
- Deposits are non-refundable unless the TV Training Academy cancels your course and does not offer an alternative date.
2.a Cancellation of a booking within 60 days of course start date will result your deposit being retained.
2.b Cancellation of a course, within 21 days of the course start date (30 days for courses held outside Pinewood Studios) will result in the course fee being charged at 100% * Specialist workshops are non refundable due to their limited availability. This will be stated at the time of booking.
2.c Course dates may be changed under extreme circumstances only and a transfer fee of £45 (inc VAT) will apply. Situations that are deemed extreme circumstances are; Death of a family member or close relative, hospitalization, incarceration and natural or man-made disasters only.
2.d The TV Training Academy Ltd does not give any compensation or are responsible for situations outside their control e.g. Illness, (be that of the performer or family member), adverse weather conditions, travel, rail / flight cancelations or disruptions, closures, delays or strikes.
2.e Please arrive on time for workshops as latecomers may not be admitted, and no refund will be given. The trainer is unable to leave the workshop to collect you, entry to the workshop once it’s started is disruptive once filming has started. It is your responsibility to check travel arrangements prior to the day. Non-attendance or persistent lateness is viewed as demonstrating a lack of professionalism. Each student is responsible for attending their session 15 mins before the course time starts.
2.f An administration charge of £30 will be levied against the account where an instalment plan is requested for. It is important you keep note of when your instalments are due. If you have requested a payment plan, your debit / credit card you used on booking will automatically be debited on dates advised on your booking confirmation. If full payment is not received by 21 days of the course start date (30 days for courses held outside Pinewood Studios) we reserve the right to cancel your space and offer to another student. No refund will be given.
2.g. The TV Training Academy Ltd reserves the right to change course dates, times, venue, guests, trainers and content at any time. The TV Training Academy will endeavour to give as much notice as possible should any of these conditions arise.
Your Contact Details:
- It is your responsibility to ensure that we have your correct address, phone number and email address at all times. Please make sure we have your full name (same as your identity) on enrolling on one of our courses if you are enrolling a workshop on behalf of someone else make sure we have their full name. If you have a stage name and wish this to be added into your show reel you must inform us in writing.
Sizzle Reels, Show Reels & Photos:
- If enrolled on a course that includes an edited sizzle reel or show reel this will be dispatched to students requested email address no later than 28 days of course completing, the standard of the reel will be determined by editing staff using their professional judgment to the highest possible standards. If further editing is required by student thereafter, then an additional editing fee of £45 per hour will be added. Please download and save show reel / photos to your own computer as we delete footage after 6 months. A charge of £15 is applied to re-send links. Raw footage is available for £15 per clip.
4.a A show reel production day consists of up to four hours filming and up to four hours of editing. The standard of the show reel will be determined by editing staff using their professional judgment to the highest possible standards. If further editing is required by student thereafter, then an additional editing fee of £45 per hour will be added.
4b. Show Reels included in our 5 day courses will have up to 6 PTC’s, 3 Studio and 3 Location clips and once edited will not include the full completed PTC’s that you filmed. They will be cut down to 10-20 second pieces but will appear in one continuous reel which will last approximately 2 -2 1/2 minutes. The aim of your Showreel will showcase most importantly how you look and come across on screen, your personality and your strengths as a presenter. If full clips or a longer show reel is requested this will incur further editing costs at £45 per hour.
Photography & Recording:
- The TV Training Academy Ltd reserves the right to use photos and footage taken of all students for our social media, website and marketing material unless you give us written instruction not to do so. By participating in another students show reel you are giving them permission to upload their footage to public websites. In accordance with Pinewood Studio Regulations, all photography, filming and recording of any sort is prohibited within Pinewood Studios grounds, including canteen, shuttlebus and outside the main gates, this includes the taking of selfies. Any breach of this regulation will result in a students identification pass being confiscated and removed from the course without refund. You may also be subject to prosecution. Pinewood Studios monitor all social media activity. Should students wish to take photographs, video or audio recordings within the premises of The TV Training Academy, permission must be expressed by a member of staff.
Screen Tests / Auditions:
- Screen tests or auditions/interviews will be allocated to students solely at the discretion of the TV Training Academy. If employment or professional engagements arise from any TV Training Academy introductions, then a set finder’s fee of 10% will be applied. We pride ourselves on high-quality training and mentoring and a high percentage of our students go on to have a successful TV presenting careers and many become household names however course attendance does not guarantee students with any offer of employment, screen test or interview.
7.The TV Training Academy Ltd strives to provide a safe, fun and inspiring day for all students / children participating in our workshops. We welcome students / children laughing, interacting and responding positively to the workshop. In cases of poor behaviour we reserve the right to dismiss any student / child who becomes disruptive, rude or behaves inappropriate. This behaviour is not fair and can spoil the enjoyment of the day for everyone. Therefore if a child is causing disruption, parents will be contacted to pick up the child and asked to leave the workshop. No refund will be given.
Visiting Pinewood Studios:
8.When attending courses held at Pinewood Studios, you agree to follow any instructions given by studio staff and to read all safety information provided to you upon arrival. To enter Pinewood Studios, you are required to show Photographic Identification through the form of a Driving Licence, Passport or other official documents that verify you with a photograph.
Please make yourself aware of the studio etiquette at http://www.pinewoodgroup.com/.
Discounts & Loyalty Bonuses:
9. a. Discount Vouchers have no cash redemption value.
9.b. Discount Vouchers will expire on the date specified in the specific terms relating to the Discount Voucher, or before subject to availability. You cannot use the Promotional Discount Voucher after this date.
9.c. We reserve the right to vary or discontinue the Discount Voucher scheme at any time
9.d. All discounts must be claimed at the time of booking. No retrospective discounts or refunds will be offered.
9.e. Limited discounts are available in certain circumstances. Only one discount can be used against the cost of Booked Sessions at any time
For private / bulk bookings please contact us for prices.
Redeeming the Offer assumes acceptance of these Terms and Conditions and the General Terms and Conditions. Customers may be required to provide written acknowledgement of acceptance of these Terms and Conditions before redeeming the Offer.
10.a. We follow a simple pricing policy at TV Training Academy designed to help us regulate course sizes to ensure the best experience for all of our attendees.
10.b. Prices are set however as courses start dates approach, prices for individual courses may occasionally adjusted (up or down) marginally, based on the number of bookings or if we have a cancelation. We do this is simply to regulate class sizes – if a course would benefit from more students then we may bring the price down slightly. If you have any questions please call us on 0800 0463 447
11. Our Celebrity guests will include people who have at some point been / are in the public eye or house hold names but will not be A list celebrities. Guests vary from month to month and due to the nature of the industry may change.
12. All under 18’s must be accompanied by an adult over the age of 18.
13. The TV Training Academy Ltd accepts no responsibility for any accidental injury to students or loss or damage to personal property whilst training or filming during the course.
14. You agree to fully indemnify TV Training Academy and its affiliates, officers, and employees against any loss, liability, claim, demand, damage, and expense (including reasonable legal fees) arising from or in connection with any training courses, location filming or show reel production days.
15. If any of these terms should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any state or country in which these terms are intended to be effective, then to the extent and within the jurisdiction in which that term is illegal, invalid or enforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from the clause concerned and the remaining terms and conditions shall survive, remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable.
16. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law and the English courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction for hearing any dispute arising under this agreement.
TV Training Academy Limited, 556-557 East Side Complex, Pinewood Studios, Pinewood Road, Iver Heath, Buckinghamshire, SL0 0NH, United Kingdom